The Sylphide pointe shoe is made on a conventional last. The E fitting of these shoes is the widest inside fitting of all Bloch styles of pointe shoes. The shank/insole offers less resistance under the metatarsal allowing the toes to arch over assisting the dancer to roll up onto pointe. The medium length vamp encourages the foot to be correctly positioned on the oval platform. This shoe is suitable for beginners and for the wide or young foot which has had little training in pointe work.
- Oval platform - Centres the balance of the toes
- Wider fittings - Extra width for young and broad feet
- Shank/insole - Assists beginners with support
- Rounder last - Helps the foot roll up onto pointe
- Standard 'A' paste - Has resilience and is less affected by climatic conditions such as heat and humidity